Become a Certified Backoffice Services Specialist (CBSS™)
(Upgrade from CBSA™)
You can apply for an upgrade to the specialist level BCI qualification the CBSS™ - Certified Backoffice Services Specialist – twelve months after attaining your CBSA™ certification. While the CBSA™ credential is actually relevant most in the first year of a career-starter, the CBSS™ credential suits professionals more second year onward of their careers. Upgrading to CBSS™ is easy. There will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners associated with you and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CBSS™.
When to apply for an Upgrade from CBSA™
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CBSS™ is exactly twelve months after attaining your CBSA™ credential. However, do pay attention to various upgrade offers and schemes frequently emailed to you by BCI and its partners. You may actually save a lot on upgrade voucher costs.
How to Recertify for CBSA™
Upgrading from CBSA™ is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for CBSS™ through the upgrade link
You can enroll/register for your upgrade directly with BCI on any of the BCI portals, or take the assistance of the training provider with whom you prepared for your CBSA™ certification, or you can connect up with any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee or buy the upgrade voucher, you will receive the CBSS™ upgrade process email carrying the details of your upgrade application. You may directly qualify for the CBSS™ upgrade after completing the upgrade formalities as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade to CBSS™, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CBSS™ application section of the BCI portal.
- Submit your Backoffice Services Experience Career Report in the required format mailed to you after your CBSS™ upgrade registration, or available online on a link sent to you.
- Please do note that you will not be required to take the CBSS™ upgrade examination if you apply for the upgrade within the validity period of your CBSA™ credential. In that case, you will just be required to make documentary submissions including a Backoffice Services Experience Career Report in a prescribed format.
- You will be required to compulsorily take the CBSS™ Upgrade examination if you are applying for the upgrade after the expiry of your CBSA™ certification. This examination contains only two sections as against the four sections of the standard CBSS™ certification examination, which non-CBSA™ applicants are required to take. You can schedule your examination by choosing online a particular date and time combination from the BCI examination schedule mailed to you after the CBSS™ upgrade registration.
- Get the Certification Decision
If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on knowledge and competence prerequisites and all documentation requirements are complete, you become eligible for the award of the CBSS™ credential. You will receive your CBSS™ credential pack ideally within 30-45 days of the declaration of your award-decision.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade to CBSS™ !