Become a Certified Financial Process Specialist (CFPS™)
(Upgrade from CFPA™)
You can apply for an upgrade to the specialist level BCI qualification the CFPS™ - Certified Financial Process Specialist – twelve months after attaining your CFPA™ certification. While the CFPA™ credential is actually relevant most in the first year of a career-starter, the CFPS™ credential suits professionals more second year onward of their careers. Upgrading to CFPS™ is easy. There will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners associated with you and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CFPS™.
When to apply for an Upgrade from CFPA™
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CFPS™ is exactly twelve months after attaining your CFPA™ credential. However, do pay attention to various upgrade offers and schemes frequently emailed to you by BCI and its partners. You may actually save a lot on upgrade voucher costs.
How to Recertify for CFPA™
Upgrading from CFPA™ is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for CFPS™ through the upgrade link
You can enroll/register for your upgrade directly with BCI on any of the BCI portals, or take the assistance of the training provider with whom you prepared for your CFPA™ certification, or you can connect up with any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee or buy the upgrade voucher, you will receive the CFPS™ upgrade process email carrying the details of your upgrade application. You may directly qualify for the CFPS™ upgrade after completing the upgrade formalities as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade to CFPS™, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CFPS™ application section of the BCI portal.
- Submit your Financial Services Experience Career Report in the required format mailed to you after your CFPS™ upgrade registration, or available online on a link sent to you.
- Please do note that you will not be required to take the CFPS™ upgrade examination if you apply for the upgrade within the validity period of your CFPA™ credential. In that case, you will just be required to make documentary submissions including a Financial Services Experience Career Report in a prescribed format.
- You will be required to compulsorily take the CFPS™ Upgrade examination if you are applying for the upgrade after the expiry of your CFPA™ certification. This examination contains only two sections as against the four sections of the standard CFPS™ certification examination, which non-CFPA™ applicants are required to take. You can schedule your examination by choosing online a particular date and time combination from the BCI examination schedule mailed to you after the CFPS™ upgrade registration.
- Get the Certification Decision
If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on knowledge and competence prerequisites and all documentation requirements are complete, you become eligible for the award of the CFPS™ credential. You will receive your CFPS™ credential pack ideally within 30-45 days of the declaration of your award-decision.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade to CFPS™ !