Become a Certified Technical Support Specialist (CTSS™)
(Upgrade from CTSA™)
You can apply for an upgrade to the specialist level BCI qualification the CTSS™ - Certified Technical Support Specialist – twelve months after attaining your CTSA™ certification. While the CTSA™ credential is actually relevant most in the first year of a career-starter, the CTSS™ credential suits professionals more second year onward of their careers. Upgrading to CTSS™ is easy. There will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners associated with you and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CTSS™.
When to apply for an Upgrade from CTSA™
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CTSS™ is exactly twelve months after attaining your CTSA™ credential. However, do pay attention to various upgrade offers and schemes frequently emailed to you by BCI and its partners. You may actually save a lot on upgrade voucher costs.
How to Recertify for CTSA™
Upgrading from CTSA™ is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for CTSS™ through the upgrade link
You can enroll/register for your upgrade directly with BCI on any of the BCI portals, or take the assistance of the training provider with whom you prepared for your CTSA™ certification, or you can connect up with any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee or buy the upgrade voucher, you will receive the CTSS™ upgrade process email carrying the details of your upgrade application. You may directly qualify for the CTSS™ upgrade after completing the upgrade formalities as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade to CTSS™, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CTSS™ application section of the BCI portal.
- Submit your Tech-support Services Experience Career Report in the required format mailed to you after your CTSS™ upgrade registration, or available online on a link sent to you.
- Please do note that you will not be required to take the CTSS™ upgrade examination if you apply for the upgrade within the validity period of your CTSA™ credential. In that case, you will just be required to make documentary submissions including a Tech-support Services Experience Career Report in a prescribed format.
- You will be required to compulsorily take the CTSS™ Upgrade examination if you are applying for the upgrade after the expiry of your CTSA™ certification. This examination contains only two sections as against the four sections of the standard CTSS™ certification examination, which non-CTSA™ applicants are required to take. You can schedule your examination by choosing online a particular date and time combination from the BCI examination schedule mailed to you after the CTSS™ upgrade registration.
- Get the Certification Decision
If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on knowledge and competence prerequisites and all documentation requirements are complete, you become eligible for the award of the CTSS™ credential. You will receive your CTSS™ credential pack ideally within 30-45 days of the declaration of your award-decision.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade to CTSS™!