Become a People Leader – CBPL™
(Upgrade from CBPM™)
You can upgrade to the leader level BCI qualification - the CBPL™ - three years after attaining your CBPM™ Certification. A majority of CBPM™ certificants globally choose to upgrade to CBPL™ rather than recertify, because the CBPL™ begins suiting such professionals more in their career as they move toward more senior roles in people management.
Upgrading to CBPL™ is easy. You will get reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners in your region and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CBPL™. Please click on the links below to know more.
When to apply for an Upgrade from CBPM™
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CBPL™ is exactly three years after attaining your CBPM™ credential.
How to Upgrade to CBPL™ from CBPM™
This is a simple 3- step process:
- Register for CBPL™ through the Upgrade Link
You can enroll/register for your upgrade directly with BCI on one of the BCI portals or take the assistance of the local BCI authorized training provider. Once you register and pay the required fee, you will receive the CBPL™ upgrade Voucher and all other relevant information about pre-certification requirements through email including the details of your upgrade application. You will qualify for the CBPL™ upgrade after completing the requirements as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade Requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade from CBPM™ to CBPL™, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed requirements after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CBPL™ application section of the BCI portal.
- Submission of the Online People Leadership Experience Report documenting key aspects of your learnings and achievements in People leadership roles, since attaining the CBPM™ certification, and this has to be done in the stated format.
- Online submission of required leadership essays, assignments and experience reports.
- Get the Certification award Decision
If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on Knowledge and Competence Prerequisites and have completed your submissions, you become eligible for being considered for the award of the CBPL™ credential. You can expect your CBPL™ Credential Pack to reach you within 30-45 days from the date of declaration of the award decision.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade from CBPM™!