Become a CBMT™ Certificant
From start to finish, it might be as quick as 15 days!
You just need to upgrade and it is easy. You can upgrade to CBMT™ exactly TWO years after attaining your CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ certification, if you have interest in the training function and if, in your past two years, you have participated in training initiatives and programs of your organization. A majority of such CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ certificants choose to upgrade to CBMT™ rather than recertify on CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™, because in two years, they have moved up in their careers and developed a substantial interest in pursuing a career in people development. The CBMT™ qualification suits such professionals best second year onward their CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ certification. Upgrading to CBMT™ is easy. There will be frequent reminder emails and text messages from BCI and from other BCI partners associated with you and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CBMT™. Remember, you can prepare on your own for CBMT™ assessments or register for a classroom training program under an authorized BCI training provider nearest to you. Please click on the links below to know more.
When can you Upgrade to CBMT™ from CCIS™ / CBSS™ / CFPS™ / CTSS™
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CBMT™ is exactly 2 years after attaining your CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ credential. In fact, as said earlier, most CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ certificants who desire to get into training, choose to upgrade to CBMT™ instead of recertifying for CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ when their CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ is two months away from expiry. However, do pay attention to various upgrade offers and schemes frequently emailed to you by BCI. You may actually save a lot on upgrade voucher costs.
How to Upgrade from CCIS™ / CBSS™ / CFPS™ / CTSS™
Upgrading from CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for CBMT™ through the Upgrade Link
You can enroll for your upgrade directly with BCI on one of the BCI portals or take the assistance of the training provider with whom you prepared for your CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ certification or from any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee, you will receive the CBMT™ upgrade voucher and all other relevant information about your training and assessments etc., through email including the details of your upgrade application. You can pay for your upgrade on the BCI portal either directly through your credit/debit card or buy an upgrade voucher from your local authorized BCI training provider. Remember there are no PCC requirements and hence training is not mandatory. You may directly qualify for the CBMT™ upgrade after completing the upgrade formalities as mentioned in step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
Click here to apply for an Upgrade to CBMT™!
- Complete Upgrade Requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade to CBMT™, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CBMT™ application section of the BCI portal.
- Get the Online Training Delivery Career Report documenting key aspects of your learnings and achievements related to coaching and training since attaining the CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ certification as instructed.
- You have to complete and submit an assignment online.
- You have to request your direct senior or the reporting officer (Referee) to submit a Confidential Work-Performance Report for you in the prescribed format. This has to be done online by your referee by logging in directly into the BCI assessment portal.
- Take the CBMT™ upgrade examination. This examination contains only TWO sections as against the Five sections of the standard CBMT™ certification examination, which non-CCIS™/CBSS™/CFPS™/CTSS™ applicants are required to take. You can schedule your examination by choosing online a particular date and time combination from the BCI examination schedule available in the examination section.
- Get the Certification Decision
You are there now. If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on knowledge and competence prerequisites and all documentation requirements are complete, you become eligible for the award of the CBMT™ credential and your CBMT™ Credential Pack reaches you in 30 days maximum from the date of award.
Attaining the CBMT™ qualification as a new applicant is a simple six-step process:
- Become a BCI Primary Member/User
This will give you access to specialized information resources about CBMT™ and you can obtain special help from BCI counselors.
- Register for CBMT™
This will enroll you for CBMT™ and you will receive a BCI CBMT™ voucher and all other relevant information about your training and assessments etc., through email. You will chose how do you wish to prepare and also your tentative examination dates. Your registration shall be complete only after receiving the BCI fee, which can be paid through multiple methods.
- Train & Prepare for the CBMT™ Certification Assessments
Training is NOT a mandatory requirement for CBMT™. But you certainly have the option of self-study, or choose to train with a BCI authorized training provider nearest to you. Remember, you would have already made this choice during the registration step 2 above.
- Submit Supporting Documents & Assignments
You have to complete an assignment online and request your direct senior or the reporting officer (Referee) to submit a Confidential Work-Performance Report for you in the prescribed format. This has to be done online by your referee by logging in directly into the BCI assessment portal.
- Take the CBMT™ Certification Assessments
You can take the CBMT™ certification examination on the scheduled date and time – everything online! You can take the CBMT™ examination minimum after 15 days of registration and should complete your examination maximum within 1 year from the date of registration. In addition to the online examination, you may have to make some assignment or documentary submissions as well.
- Certification Decision
You are there now. If you qualify the CBMT™ examination, the credential is awarded to you and a slick CBMT™ Credential Pack reaches you in 30 days maximum.