Become a Training Manager – CBTM™
(Upgrade from CBMT™)
You can upgrade to the Training Manager qualification of BCI - the CBTM™ - Certified BPO Training Manager – minimum 36 months after attaining your CBMT™ certification if you fulfill the other candidacy requirements of CBTM™. The following trends internationally may just help you take a better decision:
- After their first recertification, a majority of CBMT™ certificants in Asia choose to upgrade to CBTM™ rather than recertify for the second time, because the CBTM™ begins suiting such professionals more third year onwards of their career as they move toward more senior roles in people development and talent transformation.
- Many CBMT™ certificants choose to do both: recertify their CBMT™ to keep their qualification alive; and also upgrade to CBTM™ to prepare for a possible rise to the training manger role sooner than later. In case you desire to do both, do watch out for interesting offers by BCI partners reaching you through emails.
Upgrading to CBTM™ is easy. Again, there will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners associated with you and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CBTM™. Please click on the links below to know more.
When to apply for an Upgrade from CBMT™
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CBTM™ is exactly 36 months after attaining your CBMT™ credential.
How to Upgrade from CBMT™ to CBTM™
Upgrading from CBMT™ to CBTM™ is a simple 4-step process:
- Register for CBTM™ through the Upgrade Link
You can enroll for your upgrade directly with BCI on one of the BCI portals or take the assistance of the training provider with whom you prepared for your CBMT™ certification or from any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee, you will receive the CBTM™ upgrade voucher and all other relevant information about your training and assessments etc., through email including the details of your upgrade application. You can pay for your upgrade on the BCI portal either directly through your credit/debit card or buy an upgrade voucher from your local authorized BCI training provider. Remember there are no PCC requirements and hence training is not mandatory. You may directly qualify for the CBTM™ upgrade after completing the upgrade formalities as mentioned in step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade Requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade from CBMT™ to CBTM™, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CBTM™ application section of the BCI portal.
- Submission of the Online Training Management Experience Report documenting key aspects of your learnings and achievements in training manager and team-based performance roles, since attaining the CBMT™ certification, and this has to be done in the stated format.
- Online submission of required assignments and experience reports.
- Request your direct senior or the reporting officer (Referee) to submit a Confidential Work-Performance Report for you in the prescribed format. This is done online by your referee by logging in directly into the BCI assessment portal.
- Take the Upgrade Examination
You are required to take a special 1-module upgrade examination that evaluates your current knowledge and understanding of the principles, issues, challenges and techniques of HR/talent development and transformation management in enterprises offering BPO services or delivering services in team-based environments.
- Get the Certification Decision
You are there now. If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on knowledge and competence prerequisites and all required documentation requirements are complete, you become eligible for the award of the CBTM™ credential.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade from CBMT™!