Become a Team-Lead – CBTS™
(Upgrade from CFPS™)
You can upgrade to the specialist level BCI qualification the CBTS™ - Certified BPO Team-Lead Specialist – minimum 24 months after attaining your CFPS™ Certification. The following trends internationally may just help you take a better decision:
- After their first recertification, a majority of CFPS™ certificants in Asia choose to upgrade to CBTS™ rather than recertify for the second time, because the CBTS™ begins suiting such professionals more third year onwards of their career as they move toward team lead or supervisory roles.
- Many CFPS™ certificants choose to do both: recertify their CFPS™ to keep their qualification alive; and also upgrade to CBTS™ to prepare for a possible supervisory role sooner than later. In case you desire to do both, do watch out for interesting offers by BCI partners reaching you through emails and sms texts.
Upgrading to CBTS™ is easy. Again, there will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for your upgrade to CBTS™. Please click on the links below to know more.
When to apply for an Upgrade from CFPS™
The best time to apply for an upgrade to CBTS™ is exactly 24 months after attaining your CFPS™ credential.
How to Upgrade from CFPS™
Upgrading from CFPS™ is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for CBTS™ through the Upgrade Link
You can enroll for your upgrade directly with BCI on one of the BCI portals or take the assistance of any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee, you will receive the CBTS™ upgrade Voucher and all other relevant information about your training and assessments etc., through email including the details of your upgrade application. You will directly qualify for the CBTS™ upgrade after completing the upgrade formalities as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete Upgrade Requirements
Once you have applied for an upgrade to CBTS™, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CBTS™ application section of the BCI portal.
- Submission of the Online Team Work Experience Report documenting key aspects of your learnings and achievements in supervisory and team-based performance roles, since attaining the CFPS™ certification, and this has to be done in the stated format.
- Take the CBTS™ Upgrade examination. This examination contains fewer sections as against the standard CBTS™ Certification examination, which non-CFPS™ applicants are required to take. You can schedule your examination by choosing online a particular date and time combination from the BCI Examination Schedule available in the examination section.
- Get the Certification Decision
You are there now. If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on Knowledge and Competence Prerequisites and complete all required submissions of documents etc., you become eligible for the award of the CFPS™ credential and your CFPS™ Credential Pack expectedly should reach you within 30-45 days from the date of award.
Click here to apply for an Upgrade from CFPS™!