Your CBTS™ Certification valid for 3 years and to continue your qualification, you have to Recertify. Recertification implies making your CBTS™ credential valid again before its validity expires in 3 years. Keeping your CBTS™ alive and active through recertification is easy. There will be frequent reminder emails from BCI and from other BCI partners and you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into your BCI account and register for CBTS™ recertification. Remember, training is NOT mandatory for recertification and you have to only register and complete some documentary formalities. In case you have not been working for more than last three months at the time of applying for the recertification, you will be required to take the CBTS™ recertification examination. Please click on the links below to know more.
How many times can you Recertify for CBTS™
BCI permits unlimited number of recertification chances for CBTS™ and your CBTS™ qualification can expire only if it has not been “refreshed” once in three years. However, after two years of your CBTS™ award, you may well consider upgrading to the CBOM™/CBQM™/CBTM™/CBPM™ - the manager-level certifications. You will receive frequent reminders from BCI and other BCI partners on this and there are exciting upgrade offers, which you can grab and get fee discounts.
When to apply for a Recertification for CBTS ™
You should apply for recertification at least 8 weeks prior to the date of expiry of your CBTS™ certification. This date is mentioned on your CBTS™ as well. In addition, you receive frequent reminders from BCI to this effect. Remember, if your CBTS™ recertification application is NOT received by BCI till two weeks before the expiry of your certification, your recertification request will be only processed as a fresh CBTS™ application and you will have to pay the applicable full CBTS™ fee.
How to Recertify for CBTS™
Recertification for CBTS™ is a simple 3-step process:
- Register for your CBTS™ Recertification Program
You can enroll for recertification directly with BCI on one of the BCI portals or take the assistance of any of the authorized BCI training providers nearest to you. Once you register and pay the required fee, you will receive the CBTS™ recertification Voucher and all other relevant information about your training and assessments etc., through email including the login details of your Recertification account. You will directly qualify for the CBTS™ recertification after completing the recertification formalities as mentioned in Step 2 below. Indeed, do remember to enroll early if you want to enjoy the fee benefit!
- Complete CBTS™ Recertification Requirements
Once you have applied for a CBTS™ recertification, you are required to complete the following BCI-prescribed formalities after logging into your account:
- Submission of your latest Curriculum Vitae in the format available on the CBTS™ Recertification section of the BCI portal.
- Complete the Online Team Leadership Experience Report documenting key aspects of your learnings and achievements since attaining the CBTS™ certification as instructed.
- You may have to request your manager or the reporting officer (Referee) to submit a Confidential Work-Performance Report for you in the prescribed format. This is done online by your referee by logging in directly into the BCI assessment portal.
- In case you have not been working for three months or more prior to the date of applying for your CBTS™ recertification, you will be required to take the CBTS™ recertification examination. You can schedule your examination by choosing online a particular date and time combination from the BCI Examination Schedule available in the examination section.
- Get the Certification Decision
If you qualify all prescribed BCI norms on Knowledge and Competence Prerequisites and have completed your submissions, you become eligible for being considered for the award of the CBTS™ credential. You can expect your CBTS™ Credential Pack to reach you within 30-45 days from the date of declaration of the award decision.
Click here to apply for CBTS™ recertification!